Question: What should be paid attention to when purchasing pu erh tea?
Answer: As pu erh tea is a tea product with strong regionality and craftsmanship, the following points should be paid attention to when purchasing Yunnan pu erh tea:
1. Place of origin. Pu erh tea is a specialty of Yunnan, and it has strong regionality and characteristics. Therefore, the tea purchased must be produced in Yunnan and must be south of 25°N latitude, west of Ailao Mountain, east of Nu River, and both banks of the middle and lower reaches of Lancang River. A product made from the tea cyanine produced in the region. This is the "Scope of Protection by Geographical Indications" referred to in the "National Standard for Geographical Indication Products Pu erh Tea (GB/T22111-2008)". Tea products that have left this area, even if they are produced in Yunnan, cannot be called pu erh tea.
2. Variety. Pu erh tea is a tea made from Yunnan big leaf tea plant tea cyanine. In addition to some special Shantou teas from Xishuangbanna represented by Mansong, Yibang, and Naka, other big Yunnan teas Tea products processed from varieties other than leaf tea plants do not belong to the category of "Yunnan pu erh tea". Pu erh tea, processed with large-leaf tea trees as raw materials, has the characteristics of "big buds and leaves, thick cords but not loose foam, strong taste, bitterness and sweetness, thick leaves at the bottom of the leaves, and loose and deep serrations."
3. Production process. After having the conditions of the place of origin and tea tree varieties, the priority of tea depends on whether the "collecting technology" is exquisite. It is mainly manifested in two aspects. One is the fineness of picking tea cyanine. Picking tea cyanine, pay attention to timely (the tea cyanine does not age, less yellow leaves), grading (length, size, old and tender sieving), no retting (the tea cyanine does not turn red and deteriorate, does not heat), and does not contain any other than tea Of other plants' leaves, flowers, fruits, and old stems). The second is the exquisite processing. The basic requirement is that the tea product cords are complete and straight, length, thickness, weight, and weight are uniform, the color of the bottom of the leaf is consistent, and no spots; the tightness of the pressed tea is moderate, the edges and corners are clear, and there is no looseness; the aroma is pure and no bad Odor pollution.
4. Taste first and buy later. In the era of e-commerce, online shopping has long become a habit of people. But tea is a drink after all, and the purpose of buying tea is ultimate to "drink". Therefore, we still recommend that when buying a certain brand of tea for the first time, try it in person as much as possible, and focus on identifying the aroma, taste, taste, soup color, leaf bottom, etc. of the tea through sensory perception. As long as the tea products behave normally, they can be used as purchase objects.
5. The value is consistent. The conformity of price and value is the basic law of the commodity economy, and the behavior of "extraordinarily asking prices" must be despised and resisted. Due to the difference in raw materials, aesthetic standards, consumer psychology, and value orientation, the perception of the value of pu erh tea is varied and difficult to define with a specific number. Under the principle of "voluntary and equal", just buy the pu erh tea you like and suit you.